Morning vs lunch vs evening: We reveal when to exercise to lose weight
Whenever someone asks us the best time of day to workout We tell them the real answer…that it really doesn’t make that much of a difference. The best time to get your workout done, in our opinion, is when you know you will.
Of course your training time has to fit in with your lifestyle but there is definitely something beneficial about getting your workout done first thing in the morning… and that is the reduced likelihood that life will get in the way.
If you’re up early to do your workout, there is less opportunity for things to pop up, other tasks to become the priority or for you to get sidetracked and cause the workout that you have the best intentions to do to be pushed to the side. When it comes to cardio, working out in the morning is my preference and I call these mypower hours. There are, however, pros and cons to working out at different times of the day.
Benefits of working out in the morning
• Less likely that ‘stuff’ will get in the way
• Increased ability to use fat for fuel if you exercise fasted
• More likely to make healthy food choices throughout the day
• A better night’s sleep
• Increased productivity throughout the day
Benefits of working out in the afternoon
• Body temperature peaks in the afternoon
• Increased strength and flexibility
Benefits of working out at night
• More zzz time in the morning!